Do your suffer from BMN (Business Meeting Narcolepsy)?
Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars?
What about those long and boring conference calls?
Here's a way to change all of that:
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare yourself by drawing a square -- 5"x5" is a good size.
2. Divide the card into columns -- five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch square blocks.
3. Write one of the following words/phrases in each square block:
take that off-line
out of the loop
think outside the box
at the end of the day
4. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.
5. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout "BULLSHIT!"
Testimonials from satisfied "Bullshit Bingo" players:
"I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won."
-- Jack W. - Boston
"My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically."
-- David D. - Miami
"What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win."
-- Sue S. - NYC
"The atmosphere was tense in our last process meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box."
-- Joseph R. - St. Louis
"The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed BULLSHIT! for the third time in two hours."
-- Kathleen L., Atlanta
(thanks to Leah Christensen for this)